java-dev@lists.apple.com

Java for Mac OS X Developer Preview (10M3406a+9M3406a) Mike Swingler Tue Apr 12 18:00:18 2011

Java Developers,

Please try out the newest developer preview of Java for Mac OS X
(10M3406a+9M3406a) at
<https://connect.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MemberSite.woa/wa/getSoftware?bundleID=20809>.

This build does not upgrade the version of Java or any other 3rd party tools,
but it does add some API for use by the OpenJDK project, and should fix some
critical bugs which were reported to us against the GM versions of Java for
10.6 Update 4 and 10.5 Update 9.

Since this is pre-release software, please do not discuss the contents of this
preview on this or any other public forum. If you are a member of the Mac
Developer Program (more info at: <http://developer.apple.com/programs/mac/>),
you can discuss this preview under NDA in the Java section at
<https://devforums.apple.com/community/mac/languages/java>.

These developer previews are the only way we know if there is a show stopping
bug in the apps that YOU use! We have designed the DPs to have no effect on the
System installed copy of Java SE 6, but to only install shared frameworks and a
development copy of of the JDK in /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines. Once the
final version of Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 5 and 10.5 Update 10 are shipped
to all Mac OS X customers, they will install on top of these previews (leaving
the developer JDKs in place for backwards compatibility testing). The Java team
at Apple has worked hard to design this separated system, because we want to
hear from YOU!

Please let us know about any issues you find at <http://bugreporter.apple.com>,
and if you have a test case that reproduces the problem, please include it.

Thank you,
Mike Swingler
Java Engineering
Apple Inc.