java-dev@lists.apple.com

Re: Safari 5.1 Ulrich Kortenkamp Thu Feb 02 13:09:28 2012

Dear Joshua, dear Werner,

just for the records (and list archives): we finally found (and fixed) the
cause for the white flickering in our applets. Actually we are drawing bitmaps
in one Thread and blit them during the AWT Thread. Funny enough, the other
Thread was producing the bitmaps faster than they were blitted, which cleared
the bitmap before the AWT Thread could render it. Just not creating new bitmaps
solved the problem. So - this was actually a logical error in our buffer
producing code that just was not visible with older Java/Safari versions.

Maybe this can help as well for you, but I fear not, as this is such a stupid
bug that I hope nobody else did this.

All the best,
Ulli