java-dev@lists.apple.com

Re: [OT] H2 / HSQLDB / Derby? Reyada Wolak Thu Feb 02 22:06:44 2012

I have been using both H2/derby for so long time. Both are very good. H2 is
faster in most cases than Derby. Derby performs very well with complex queries
compared to H2. I have tried them in Windows/Mac/BSD/Linux. Both are good and i
would recommend to make your app compatible with both. test them and decided on
which one is better for you.

________________________________
 From: Chris Harshman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:21 PM
Subject: [OT] H2 / HSQLDB / Derby?

Anyone have any strong opinions regarding embedded databases? Any of them have
any gotchas on an OS X platform? (Unlikely since they're all pure Java, but ...)

IBM was originally behind Derby, so I kind of like its pedigree.

H2 is the second stab at the problem by Thomas Mueller, who also fathered
HSQLDB.

HSQLDB seems to be pretty robust, and has been widely used...

This email sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]