java@gcc.gnu.org

Re: Interface gcj-compiled library with Java programs in a runtime (other than gij)? Yi Lin Sun Feb 12 21:00:12 2012

Thank you. I think I may have missed a keyword here: CNI. I avoid using JNI for performance degradation.

The detailed scenario is like:
There are two parts of code.

-SomeJavaCode.java: containing a method call to NativeJavaLib.a().
This part of code remains in bytecode

-NativeJavaLib.java: declaring 'native void a()'
-NativeJavaLib.cpp: implementing a() via CNI
This part is compiled to libJavaLib.so

Now SomeJavaCode can be executed correctly with 'gij' interpreter; I think there is no JNI involved. But it cannot run on HotSpot or other VM. If I have to use JNI to do this, then the approach is much less attractive.

Thanks,
Yi