java@gcc.gnu.org

Re: Interface gcj-compiled library with Java programs in a runtime (other than gij)? Yi Lin Tue Feb 14 04:00:24 2012

Thank you all for the answers. I think I have some clue about CNI/JNI on the interface.

But I still have doubt about how a shared library compiled from Java can be used by a) c/c++, b) Java code running on other JVM (not libgcj interpreter). I think b) is straightforwad if a) is possible.

So for a), is calling a shared library of compiled java code any different than calling a shared library from normal c/c++ code? I have been spending two days exploring this and trying different approaches. My expectation is to load the compiled Java lib and use its method via dlopen, dlsym, etc. I guess another possibility is to use JvCreateVM(), and do everything in Java fashion. I don't have any success in either yet. Any hint would be very helpful so I could stop wasting time on a wrong track.

Thanks,
Yi