javamail-interest@java.sun.com

Re: Exception even if one email address is wrong Bill Shannon Tue Dec 23 17:00:49 2008

Devesh Pradhan wrote:
Hi,

I am using Transport.send(msg) to send mail. I have correct address in TO
List but may get invalid email ids in the CC mail id. Java Mail API is not
sending the mail even to the TO recipient incase of wrong CC mail id. Is it normal behaviour of Java Mail API or there is a way to tweak it in a
manner so that atleast mail goes to the valid addresses atleaset.

Yes, that's normal.  If one of the addresses has been typed incorrectly,
the user might want the chance to correct the typing error before really
sending the message.

If that's not what you want to do, there's a property you can set to tell
it to send the message even if some of the addresses are invalid.  See the
javadocs for the com.sun.mail.smtp package.