jboss-user@lists.jboss.org

[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Is jBPM Guvnor meant to be used for production runtime deployment or is it mainly for development sync? rohit_r Tue Feb 21 09:01:28 2012

rohit_r [https://community.jboss.org/people/rohit_r] created the discussion

"Is jBPM Guvnor meant to be used for production runtime deployment or is it
mainly for development sync?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/718415#718415

Hello All,
    we want to use jBPM for our application. The requirement is that processes
are developed by our developers then released to a secured production
environment used for runtime.
The runtime is expected to
1) Load the right process template based on user context
        a) Load the default version of process template if no template version
info is provided.
        b) Load the user specific version of the process template if a user
specific version exists.
2) New process templates should be allowed to be added without bringing down
the runtime environment.

The question we have is whether all these versioned templates should be
maintained in Guvnor for access by the runtime engine? Or is Guvnor meant to be
more for development artifact maintenance for syncing  between developers etc.
The examples we have seen so far seem to use it more as a development tool
rather than something which should be queried by the runtime engine frequently.

Should our application runtime use Guvnor connection and load processes from
Guvnor at runtime on every request to start a process instance? Will this be a
performance bottleneck for the runtime?

Thanks
Rohit