jboss-user@lists.jboss.org

[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: Nessus scan makes JBoss 5.1.0.GA stop processing web requests izan Thu Feb 23 10:00:20 2012

izan [https://community.jboss.org/people/izan] created the discussion

"Re: Nessus scan makes JBoss 5.1.0.GA stop processing web requests"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/719217#719217

Sorry, it was a typo on my side: it is Nagios, not nessus, what we use to
monitor status of AS.

We have the following setup:
* Several AS, each one in a different server.
* EAR deployed in each AS. Every app is the same (i.e. the same EAR copied in
the deploy folder), and some parameters like address and some ids are
configured to identify each app deployed in one AS from another. This
application has a local EJB layer to serve information to a GUI, and a remote
EJB to allow exchange of information between different applciations via EJB-RMI
in ports 1098-1099-3873.

Everything went well untill we started monitoring with Nagios on these ports,
and we've discovered that it is port 3873 (EJB3 Remoting Connector) the one
causing problems by doing these direct telnets. After some time, two of the AS
stop sending or receiving information from other applications. We've been
debugging, and the appliation can work normally with local EJBs and so on,
accessing DBs, JMS queues... but when we get to send something, it hangs doing
the context.lookup of the remote EJB.

We are stucked at that point, trying to figure out what it is. Could it be that
the connections stablished by Nagios are not closed correctly and the AS runs
out of connections?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]