jboss-user@lists.jboss.org

[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Re: ClassNotFoundException org.jboss.ws.api.tools.WSContractConsumer when using maven-jaxws-tools-plugin Alessio Soldano Fri Feb 24 01:01:06 2012

Alessio Soldano [https://community.jboss.org/people/asoldano] created the
discussion

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/719381#719381

> But what if I'll be using CXF with Apache plugins ? I mean
> org.apache.cxf:cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws. What would be the implications ? I
> would replace the JBossWS stack in the server with the CXF one and continue
> like this.
On a JBoss AS community application server, you're free to play with the ws
stacks and try whatever you want, but please consider that successfully
replacing jbossws-cxf with a vanilla Apache CXF is not going to be easy and at
minum you're loosing the JSR109 features and all the JBoss integration
customizations with the app server. Speaking of maven plugins, you can probably
use the Apache CXF one without much problems, though I never tried.
On a JBoss Enterprise Product, instead, (including SOA-P) you are not supposed
to replace/modify the ws stack. I believe you're loosing official support in
that case, but please check the details through your established support
contact.

> This is because, after having ran wsconsume and deployed the generated war,
> there is no web service deployed. The generated stuff includes, besides the
> JAX-B classes, the SEI and a *Service class that I'm not sure what it is as
> it is annotated with @WebServiceClient. There is no *Impl class, as it would
> be the case with CXF, and I tried to implement it from scratch but I cannot
> see any deployed web service in the console for this war. It doen't seem to
> exist any documentation about doing contract-first with JBossWS, as oposed as
> the CXF documentation which is very complete. What do you think about this
> approach ?
You're most likely forgetting something here. Speaking of documentation, the
JBossWS 4 / AS 7.x webservices documentation is available at
https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/JBWS/JAX-WS+Tools
https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/JBWS/ ; in particular check
https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/JBWS/JAX-WS+Tools
https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/JBWS/JAX-WS+Tools .
For JBossWS 3.x, the documentation is at
https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-13504
https://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossWS ; in particular see
https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-13544
https://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossWS-JAX-WSTools
The links above are also provided on the project webpage
http://www.jboss.org/jbossws/docs http://www.jboss.org/jbossws/docs .
Finally, I believe the SOA-P product should come with his own documentation,
including ws related stuff. If that's not the case, please let me know so that
I have someone check.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]