jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org

reduce queries for user preferences lookup - Jetspeed 2.1.2 Roberto Rossi Wed Feb 01 21:00:42 2012

Hi everyone, using Jetspeed 2.1.2 (we know we should upgrade ASAP!) we are experiencing some performance issues in loading and rendering psml pages due to many queries like these:

SELECT A0.NODE_ID,A0.PARENT_NODE_ID,A0.NODE_NAME,A0.NODE_TYPE,A0.FULL_PATH,A0.CREATION_DATE,A0.MODIFIED_DATE
FROM PREFS_NODE A0
WHERE (A0.FULL_PATH = '/portlet_entity/<fragid>/anon') AND A0.NODE_TYPE = 0
;

SELECT A0.PROPERTY_VALUE_ID,A0.NODE_ID,A0.PROPERTY_NAME,A0.PROPERTY_VALUE,A0.CREATION_DATE,A0.MODIFIED_DATE
FROM PREFS_PROPERTY_VALUE A0
WHERE A0.NODE_ID = <nodeid>
;

These two tables are growing big, there are many users registered in the portal (about 6000), and the number of nodes and properties is high:
PREFS_PROPERTY_VALUE ~ 150.000 records
PREFS_NODE ~ 600.000 records

It seems that Jetspeed, for every fragment, is looking for user preferences and properties.
Is there a way to avoid these queries?
All of our fragments have readonly preferences; can we stop Jetspeed looking for prefs using the attribute readOnly="true" in preference tag of fragments?

Our Jetspeed installation is in a Linux Ubuntu 64bit server and a MySql 5.1 database server.

Thank you for your support!

ROb