jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org

Re: Tomcat/Jetspeed Applications Not Restarting after DST Time Change on IBM i (AS/400) Jeff Pierce Wed Mar 14 06:01:39 2012

Our custom portal is built on JS 2.2.0

 Server version: Apache Tomcat/6.0.18
 Server built:   Jul 22 2008 02:00:36
 Server number:  6.0.18.0

During some further testing it appears as if the portal web app (ui in our
case) is attempting to start but never comes fully online and therefore
fails to load the other portal apps.

I'm wondering if we need to turn off autoDeploy and *infuse* our portlet
apps with the necessary settings in web.xml that is typically done for us
by JS.

Here is a snippet from the catalina log file.  This repeats a few times
before finally stopping.  Notice the time change when DST rolled.
Mar 11, 2012 1:58:17 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 48540 ms
Mar 11, 2012 3:00:07 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig
checkResources
INFO: Reloading context [/ui-pa]
Mar 11, 2012 3:00:08 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig
checkResources
INFO: Reloading context [/host-manager]
Mar 11, 2012 3:00:09 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig
checkResources
INFO: Reloading context [/ui]
Mar 11, 2012 3:00:19 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig
checkResources
INFO: Reloading context [/sample-pa]
Mar 11, 2012 3:00:21 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig
checkResources
INFO: Reloading context [/j2-admin]
Mar 11, 2012 3:00:25 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig
checkResources
INFO: Reloading context [/manager]
Mar 11, 2012 3:00:25 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig
checkResources
INFO: Reloading context []

And here is  a snippet from