jsch-users@lists.sourceforge.net

[JSch-users] Jsch 1.42 hangs Szabó Márk Tue Aug 10 04:00:07 2010

Hi all!

I actively use Jsch in one of our projects. However it frequently hangs, when I
run commands through ssh. Could you help me with this problem?  I run only
simple commands like "df -k" or "uptime", so nothing that can stuck in the
background. (http://www.openssh.org/faq.html#3.10) At the beginning of the
impelementation phase I saw only a few threads that stucked because this issue,
but now it appears constantly, which exhausts resources eventually. (thus
crashing the application...)

Our system's configuration:

Linux used: Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 8)
OpenSSH version: openssh-3.9p1-11.el4_7
Jsch version: 1.42 (I also tried it with older releases without success.)

An example stacktrace:

Name: 10.107.40.22
State: TIMED_WAITING on [EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Total blocked: 2  Total waited: 7,283
Stack trace:
java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
java.io.PipedInputStream.read(PipedInputStream.java:260)
java.io.PipedInputStream.read(PipedInputStream.java:305)
sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$CharsetSD.readBytes(StreamDecoder.java:411)
sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$CharsetSD.implRead(StreamDecoder.java:453)
sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(StreamDecoder.java:183)
java.io.InputStreamReader.read(InputStreamReader.java:167)
java.io.BufferedReader.fill(BufferedReader.java:136)
java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(BufferedReader.java:299)
java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(BufferedReader.java:362)

This thread never exits. I also tried to call Session.disconnect() to close the
underlaying socket, but it did not work. Please help to identify the core
problem. Thanks for your help in advance.

 Mark Szabo