jsch-users@lists.sourceforge.net

Re: [JSch-users] Issue: One blocking channel blocks all Session communication B. Scott Smith Fri Feb 03 05:03:14 2012

I was running the test on Sun's JRE, version 1.6.0_29, on Windows 7.
But I just tried the same test on Sun's JDK, version 1.6.0_20, on CentOS 5.7 and got the same result.

I have attached the code I am using for this test. It's a simple command-line wrapper to JSch that allows me to run simple tests. The command-line syntax is similar to the native ssh client. Unzip it directly into the project directory (it will create a jsch directory at the same level as src). Run the makejar script and then you can run "jsch" similar to ssh. So, in my test, in a terminal window I do:

jsch -L8022:localhost:22 /sshHost/

Then in another terminal window I do: scp -P8022 localhost:largeFile.tar.gz . While the file is transferring, I am able to utilize the remote command prompt obtained from the "jsch" command. As soon as I suspend the file transfer, I can no longer use the remote shell. Nor can I ssh into the forwarded port on 8022. The instant I resume the scp command, everything starts working again.