k-9-mail@googlegroups.com

Re: Still no Mail Filters? Jo Rhett Tue Oct 26 18:01:10 2010

Why do you want this on your phone?  Then they won't be filtered when your
phone isn't logged in.

Server-side filtering is your friend.  Procmail if you have local mail, or
SIEVE if you don't.

I do NOT want my phone trying to filter my mail.

On Oct 26, 2010, at 7:13 AM, Onyx wrote:
> I've been a loyal K9 mail user since I purchased my first original
> Droid a couple years ago.  I update it frequently, and am overall very
> pleased with its progress.  But I'm amazed that no one has added a
> simple mail filtering option to K9.  As a UNIX Administrator, I get
> quite literally hundreds of system messages, backup messages, Big
> Brother messages, etc that are normally filtered into their mail
> folders via Thunderbird when I'm at work.  But at night and weekends,
> or worse, on vacations, I  am unable to use my mail on K9 because I
> get buried by system messages and no way to filter them out of the way
> so I can read other (real) email.  PLEASE add simple mail filtering to
> K9.  It would REALLY make it a perfect mail client.  Thanks!

Jo Rhett
Net Consonance : consonant endings by net philanthropy, open source and other
randomness