leaf-user@lists.sourceforge.net

[leaf-user] Net-snmpd leaks memory Erich Titl Wed Sep 23 00:00:38 2009

Hi Folks

More a nuisance than anything else. I was observing a loss of free
memory on our systems over time, the culprit appears to be the snmpd
process. Googling around revealed I was not alone. It appears that there
are a number of fixes in more recent net-snmpd versions which address
memory leaks.

Right now I just restart the snmpd process daily, but in the long run I
will have to address this.

cheers

Erich