ledger-smb-users@lists.sourceforge.net

Re: [Ledger-smb-users] Prepayment Chris Travers Wed Jan 28 22:00:43 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 8:42 PM, David Sentinella
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think this raises the more complex issue of  "Contract Accounting". In
> such systems, the contract fee is paid monthly or annually in advance (a
> prepayment) and labour and goods against that contract are "included" or
> "excluded". More complex elements of contract accounting include special
> rates for excluded work, pro-rata rebates on items subject to wear and tear,
> usage thresholds.

I agree.  I expect that once 1.3 gets out, we will tackle this seriously.

My current thinking is to allow pre-payments on orders, and tie them to orders.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers