ledger-smb-users@lists.sourceforge.net

Re: [Ledger-smb-users] Ledgersmb Authentication issue Steven Marshall Mon Feb 06 15:01:11 2012

Hi Steven,

Trying the command you provided, it prompted me for the password and upon
> entering it returned a Fatal error indicating password authentication
> failed.  I then tried the following in psql:
>
> Alter User neidiane.pereira WITH PASSWORD 'somepassword';
>
> This returned an error indicating a syntax error at or near the "." in the
> name.  It appears not to like the use of a period in the name although
> tatiane.marshall works correctly.

You should be able to run the command  $ ALTER USER  "neidiane.pereira"
WITH PASSWORD 'somepassword';

The double quotes delimit the user name with characters which would have
otherwise meaning in SQL.

HTH,

Erik.

Thanks.  I was able to execute the provided command and this successfully
changed the password and these users can now login.  Very strange.  The
only thing I can think of as far as when I first created these users is
that I first created the one user that worked, and while the permission
page was open I clicked on the New Window link in the left hand nav. Then
proceeded to create the other users and setting their permissions in this
new window.  It is these two users that were created in the new window that
somehow ended up being broken.

Steven