ledger-smb-users@lists.sourceforge.net

Re: [Ledger-smb-users] What do the COA flags mean? Erik Huelsmann Sun Apr 01 00:00:24 2012

Hi Mikkel,

I'm working on a Danish chart of accounts that would resemble what is
> commonly used in Denmark. I've started by copying the Danish COA that is
> shipped with LSMB, but that appears to be simply a translated version of
> the general LSMB COA.
>
> Currently, I'm trying to wrap my head around the strange flags that are
> applied to the different accounts in the COA, like
> "AP_amount:IC_cogs:IC_expense". Some of these are somewhat obvious, but I
> haven't been able to figure out where these are documented.
>
> Do we have any documentation for what these flags mean? And if not,
> should't we?

Until last week we didn't. And we should. Actually, we need documentation
on much more in our system than just those flags. So, I've started a book
about LedgerSMB. It's an ambitious project and far from completed, but the
information you're asking for is in it already.

See paragraph 25.2 of tonight's book: http://book.ledgersmb.org (the linked
PDF)

Hope that helps! (and contributions welcome)

Bye,

Erik.