ledger-smb-users@lists.sourceforge.net

Re: [Ledger-smb-users] "Closed" transactions and reversals Erik Huelsmann Fri Apr 06 06:01:45 2012

Hi Andrew,

I've noticed that when I VOID transacactions they remain in any searches as
> still "open". Is there a simple way to mark these and their positive
> counterparts as closed so they don't clutter up my screen ?

Yes, there is: see the book-in-progress (http://book.ledgersmb.org/)
section 34.3 "Invalidating invoices"; you have to make a zero-amount
payment with the two invoices selected.

> Also wondering what the "Save Info" and "Hold" buttons are meant for on
> the AR screen.

To answer your question, I wrote sections 39.3.2 (Tracking invoice history)
and 39.3.3 (Special treatment of invoices) in the section 39.3 "Managing
arrears" of chapter 39 "Credit risk management".

Hope those sections answer your question! (And if not, please do not
hesitate to follow up with your comments and remarks.)

Bye,

Erik.