lfs-dev@linuxfromscratch.org

Re: [lfs-dev] LFS-7.1-rc1 is released Matthew Burgess Mon Feb 20 09:00:59 2012

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 10:16:07 -0600, Bruce Dubbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I guess I never see the problem since I don't use jhalfs to check out
> the version for me.

Neither do I; I only build from a local working copy.

> Matt should throw in his 2 cents, but I don't see a
> value to the BOOK level in tags.

Prior to LFS-6.4 it was required, simply because the bootscripts directory
was at the same level.  After they were moved to sit underneath BOOK/ there
was no real reason to keep the BOOK directory in there, except to stick with
the status quo.  So, I see no reason to revert back to having a BOOK/
directory, and hopefully the fix for jhalfs won't be too unsightly.

Thanks,

Matt.