lfs-dev@linuxfromscratch.org

Re: [blfs-dev] initramfs Bruce Dubbs Tue Feb 21 12:01:24 2012

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> As an example, look at this init:
>
> https://github.com/jhuntwork/LightCube-OS/blob/master/packages/mkinitramfs/init.in

Well that's certainly easier than dracut.  I would want to add UUID and
LABEL capabilities.

> And the script that creates the image:
>
> https://github.com/jhuntwork/LightCube-OS/blob/master/packages/mkinitramfs/mkinitramfs.orig

That looks like a good starting point too.  The scripts are right on the
edge of just including in the book or creating a separate package.  My
inclination is to put in the book for educational purposes.

A separate page with dracut without a lot of detail may be appropriate.
  The 'About initramfs' page then would present the concepts and use
these scripts as a vehicle for explanation.

   -- Bruce