lfs-support@linuxfromscratch.org

How to play an Audio CD Stefano Fri May 31 13:55:25 2002

I wanna play a cdaudio but don't know how to set the directory to
play in xmms.
Should I mount the cd first or play it from /dev/cdrom or /dev/hdc?
If I try to mount it, the format is not  recognised  and fails,
selecting /dev/cdrom,  xmms freezes cos it doesn't see any file on
it, as if it were empty.
I specified iso9660 in /etc/fstab for the cdrom, should I change the
format to mount both data and audio cd?
Thanks,

Stefano