lfs-support@linuxfromscratch.org

Re: Canon Lide 20 USB scanner blfsuser Sat Nov 26 10:19:14 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-26 at 12:11 -0600, Miguel Bazdresch wrote:

> Those distros probably include the firmware for your scanner. In LFS,
> you need to have a file with the firmware, and then tell sane where
> to find that file.

The backend for the Lide20 is the plustek backend. Under the various
SUSE distros I mentioned the file /etc/sane.d/plustek.conf does not have
a line pointing to any firmware file. Hence, I'm pretty sure it's not a
firmware issue.

I'm now looking the hotplug side of things to see if I've missed
something.