lfs-support@linuxfromscratch.org

[lfs-support] automated lfs package-user John Burrell Tue Feb 14 09:01:54 2012

Has anyone written a script or scripts which automate the lfs build using MSB's
package
user system?

I've tried jhalfs in the past but everything gets installed as root, which I
don't like.

I've used a hacked version of the package user system for some time now and I
like it a lot.
It's very easy to control what gets installed and to catch Makefiles which
trample all over
your system. Just take a look at cups to see what I mean.

I've built lfs a few times and I'm not doing it again manually, so can anyone
help me?
If not I'll write it myself, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Regards

jb.