libftdi@developer.intra2net.com

More flexibility with FTDI interfaces evan Mon Dec 26 23:00:06 2011

Hi all,

I have been working on OpenOCD, which uses libFTDI, and have found an issue with the way interfaces are declared in libFTDI.

Basically the problem is that I have implemented support for INTERFACE_ANY in OpenOCD, but there are many devices where it might be appropriate to have more than one interface available, but not all. Especially with the FT4232H which has 2 JTAG ports and 2 serial ports.

Hence I would like to suggest that 'ftdi_interface' enumeration should be changed to allow it to be a bit field as follows:

enum ftdi_interface
{
    INTERFACE_ANY = 0,
    INTERFACE_A   = 1,
    INTERFACE_B   = 2,
    INTERFACE_C   = 4,
    INTERFACE_D   = 8,
};

That way we can make definitions like INTERFACE_A_OR_B = INTERFACE_A | INTERFACE_B; for the FT4232H.

You can see the discussion on OpenOCD so far at http://openocd.zylin.com/#change,239

Regards,

Evan Hunter