lilypond-devel@gnu.org

Re: Build translated manuals: Don't rebuild everything each timeunless necessary. (issue 5494069) Phil Holmes Wed Feb 01 12:04:26 2012

To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 2:39 PM
Subject: Re: Build translated manuals: Don't rebuild everything each timeunless necessary. (issue 5494069)

Please review. I tested make, make check, make doc, and do not get any
problem. However, with the previous versions I also did not get any
problem, yet I broke staging. I would be grateful if someone with a fast
machine could test a parallel make doc. I would not be comfortable
pushing to staging without this test.

Regards,
Julien

On my fast system, make doc takes 12min 30 approx and currently produces a 6.5 meg logfile. I've run a system patched with this, and it ran for over 20 minutes, with no apparent updates to the output, which was "only" about 1 meg. Only one CPU was being used (of 8) and this was 100% processing make. make output is available if you want to see what I have.

--
Phil Holmes