lilypond-devel@gnu.org

Re: Gets vertical skylines from grob stencils (issue 5626052) [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sun Feb 19 13:00:10 2012

On Feb 19, 2012, at 9:59 PM, David Kastrup wrote:

> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>> I've now optimized the crap out of this sucker and cached as much as I
>> can cache.
>
> I'm not sure the caching is of much help.  What kind of information
> would save recalculation?

Storing the vertical skylines of a glyph in a cache instead of recomputing them
every time from the beziers.
I get the sense that in a score that takes a minute to compile, this'll shave
off about a half second for common grobs (accidentals, for example).

> "Merging" sounds like O(n^2) unless one takes precautions.

You'd have to look at the skyline code.  It looks really concise and elegant to
me, but I have no clue if it could be sped up.

Cheers,
MS