lilypond-user@gnu.org

Re: lilypond-book David Kastrup Mon Feb 20 05:00:48 2012

Henning Hraban Ramm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Am 20. Februar 2012 10:28 schrieb Martin Tarenskeen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> It would be even more convenient if a lilypond package for LaTeX would exist
>> that would allow me to enter LilyPond code directly in a LaTeX document,
>> without needing lilypond-book as an extra step.
>
> Then ConTeXt with its LilyPond support via the "filter" module (that
> can call arbitrary external programs on snippets of the source) might
> be for you.
>
> see http://wiki.contextgarden.net/
> and http://wiki.contextgarden.net/LilyPond

It would have to work under similar constraints as those I described for
the LaTeX solution, due to using TeX.  Of course, being already
implemented is a definite advantage.

An advantage of a LaTeX-internal solution would be that it should work
seemlessly with preview-latex
<URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/preview-latex.html>.  This part
of the Emacs toolchain has not been ported over to Context.

It should be possible also to integrate regular lilypond-book operation
into AUCTeX/preview-latex, but while it is likely less work than the
LaTeX-internal approach, it has not been done yet either, and the
LaTeX-internal approach has advantages with other toolchains as well.

--
David Kastrup