linux-cluster@redhat.com

Re: [Linux-cluster] Running GFS as local file system Jonathan E Brassow Tue Feb 27 00:04:04 2007

On Feb 22, 2007, at 12:33 PM, Lin Shen (lshen) wrote:

Is the cluster suite still required if I only use GFS as a local file
system?

no.

 Based on my experiment, it seems not. I just did a gfs_mkfs on a
partition and that's it.

If using as a local file system, use the option '-p lock_nolock'. In the future, if you want to use that FS in a cluster, you must change the locking protocol with gfs_tool.

How easy is it to migrate files created under other file systems (such
as ext3, reiser etc) into GFS?

cp/rsync?

 brassow