livecd@linuxfromscratch.org

Re: Error 404 Building glibc Justin R. Knierim Sat Jan 14 08:31:01 2006

Dan McGhee wrote:

I'm trying to build livecd-6.2-pre1. The build stopped at glibc. The makefile is trying to download glibc-2.3.5.tar.bz2. A quick look at the glibc makefile, http://ftp.lfs-matrix.net/pub/lfs/conglomeration/glibc, and the current LFS Book SVN snapshot show that glibc-2.3.6 is the going version.

The 6.2-pre1 LiveCD was more of a testing release and there has already been (I believe) a pre2 release and most likely a UTF8-enabled pre3 soon. Now sure if you want to build and test a later preX release. Just be warned that these aren't final releases and therefore could contain bugs.

I'm going to try to change the livecd glibc makefile to accomodate this change. Don't know how successful I will be.

I manage all the ftp repos for LFS, HLFS, CLFS and BLFS. While I would love to never delete any files, it just isn't possible because all 10+ mirrors need that much more disk space and get that much more traffic from people recursively downloading the whole repo. The files that aren't used in any stable version (6.0, 6.1, 6.1.1) or in the latest LFS development version can and will be deleted. If this happens again, you can google for the file, and download it to /mnt/lfs/sources (watch for bz2 and gz differences!) and continue the build.

Justin