log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org

Re: XMLLayoutTestCase fails on Solaris Jostein Tveit Wed Jan 17 06:00:22 2007

Curt Arnold <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> The offending code is very likely the tail end of
> include/log4cxx/spi/ location/locationinfo.h.  That fragment
> attempts to detect Microsoft C ++ and use its __FUNCSIG__
> predefined macro or gcc and use its   __PRETTY_FUNCTION__ macro.
> Any other compiler will get blank class  and method names.
> Likely using __func__ in the fallback case would  be better, but
> it would likely give you a mangled name and not a  clearly
> distinguishable class and method name. See
> http://durgaprasad.wordpress.com/2006/11/

Seems like this is the case, yes.

> I don't think the locationinfo.h file has changed in the period
> that  you mentioned, but maybe those tests were enabled since
> then.

That is probably true.

> I'll take a shot at making the code behave okay with __func__
> tomorrow (using gcc as a test bed).

That would be great. Please update the unit test also.
Thanks in advance.

> I have OpenSolaris (nvd49)
> and  Sun Studio 11 on a VM, but haven't installed Subversion any
> other  tools or gotten a build going yet.  So any hints would be
> appreciated.

On my Solaris 8 SPARC I had to install the following packages to
get Subversion working, but this may of course differ from your
system:
db-4.2.52.NC-sol8-sparc-local
gdbm-1.8.3-sol8-sparc-local
libiconv-1.8-sol8-sparc-local
openssl-0.9.8a-sol8-sparc-local
expat-1.95.5-sol8-sparc-local
libgcc-3.3-sol8-sparc-local
libxml2-2.6.16-sol8-sparc-local
subversion-1.2.3-sol8-sparc-local

Regarding the compilation on Solaris 8, the following HOWTO still
works. (Skip step 1).

--
Jostein Tveit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>