log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org

AW: Is log4cxx still alive? Wiebesiek, Torsten Fri Feb 03 17:03:07 2012

> > I just tried to figure out, if log4cxx is still alive.
>
> You could characterize log4cxx as undead.
>
> The mailing list tends to be low volume because (a) the documentation
> is good, (b) the code is good and (c) most "How can I do XYZ?" queries
> have answers identical to their Java log4j equivalent.
>
> I wouldn't shy away from log4cxx for the reasons you mention.  I would
> shy away if you're uncomfortable periodically digging in the issue
> tracker to resolve build-related questions.  Or if something in the
> issue tracker is a must-have feature because, as you've noted, there's
> not a lot of new feature development.

Well, I don't shy away from using log4cxx. Actually, we are using it
extensively. But switching from Visual Studio 2008 to 2010 was really
a pain. Not because of log4cxx, but because of a compiler flaw. We had
to move a bunch of these LOG4CXX_LIST_DEF macros around.

And 0.10.0 has been released almost 4 years ago. As far as I know, there
are a lot of improvements to log4cxx in the repository, that haven't
made
it into a release.

  Torsten