log4j-user@logging.apache.org

RE: Help Log4j Chainsaw - VFSLogFilePatternReceiver Usage Ding, Qin Thu Jul 21 20:00:08 2011

Thank you, Scott.  but I get use FileZilla sftp SSH File Transfer Protocol to
get file.  Use I guess I have to view the static file manually downloaded.

Thank you very much.

QD

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Deboy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2011 11:36 AM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: Help Log4j Chainsaw - VFSLogFilePatternReceiver Usage

If you are still having problems, the issue may be with your server.
VFSLogFilePatternReceiver uses Jakarta Commons VFS, which uses the JSch
library to support the 'sftp' protocol.  According to their website, this
is:
*SSH File Transfer Protocol(version 0, 1, 2, 3)

*I'd suggest verifying your server actually supports SFTP.  It may support
ssh connections but not support the SSH File Transfer Protocol.

Scott

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 9:13 AM, Scott Deboy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Here is a configuration I just used to retrieve a log file from my Mac
> using the latest developer snapshot of Chainsaw V2 running on Vista.  I
> don't have a known hosts file (or .ssh folder) on my vista box in my home
> folder or under cygwin home.
>
> Modify this configuration and let me know if it works for you.
>
> The two differences I notice here:
> 1. I was using an IP address and not a name that needed to be resolved
> 2. I only have a single slash after the IP address
>
> Change logFormat, timestampFormat and the specifics of fileURL as needed of
> course:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> debug="true">
>     <plugin class="org.apache.log4j.chainsaw.vfs.VFSLogFilePatternReceiver"
> name="sftp">
>         <param name="appendNonMatches" value="true"/>
>         <param name="autoReconnect" value="true"/>
>         <param name="fileURL" value="sftp://
> username:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/pathhere/log.txt"/>
>         <param name="logFormat" value="TIMESTAMP PROP(OUTERLEVEL)
> PROP(OUTERLOGGER)- * [THREAD] LEVEL LOGGER - MESSAGE"/>
>         <param name="name" value="sftp"/>
>         <param name="promptForUserInfo" value="false"/>
>
>         <param name="tailing" value="true"/>
>         <param name="timestampFormat" value="yyyyMMdd HH:mm:ss.SSS"/>
>         <param name="waitMillis" value="2000"/>
>     </plugin>
> </log4j:configuration>
>

> Scott
>

> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 6:51 AM, Ding, Qin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Scott,
>>
>> I downloaded new chainsaw and run it.  Still I could not get the log file.
>>  Here is the exception trace:
>>
>> Level
>> INFO
>> Logger
>> org.apache.log4j.chainsaw.vfs.VFSLogFilePatternReceiver
>> Time
>> 2011-07-21 08:43:16,361 (ms delta: 328)
>> Thread
>> Thread-3
>> Message
>> sftp://username:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/complete/path/to/logs/MyLog.log not
>> available - may be due to incorrect credentials, but will re-attempt to load
>> after waiting 10000 millis
>> Marker
>>
>> Throwable
>> org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not connect to SFTP
>> server at "sftp://myId:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/".
>>        at
>> org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.sftp.SftpFileProvider.doCreateFileSystem(SftpFileProvider.java:99)
>>        at
>> org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractOriginatingFileProvider.findFile(AbstractOriginatingFileProvider.java:81)
>>        at
>> org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractOriginatingFileProvider.findFile(AbstractOriginatingFileProvider.java:62)
>>        at
> [...]
and affiliates.

copy format. Thank you.

disclosures relating to European legal entities.