log4j-user@logging.apache.org

RE: redirecting Stdout and stderr to a different log file Douglas E Wegscheid Wed Feb 01 22:03:46 2012

is log4j necessary?

will

java -jar foo.jar > sysout.txt 2> syserr.txt

suffice?
■ DOUGLAS E. WEGSCHEID // LEAD ENGINEER
(269) 923-5278 // [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"A wrong note played hesitatingly is a wrong note. A wrong note played
with conviction is interpretation."

Umesh Paliwal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
01/17/2012 12:57 AM
Please respond to
"Log4J Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Log4J Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc

Subject
RE: redirecting Stdout and stderr to a different log file

Hi Himanshu,

I am able to redirect the sysouts and syserr to a file. But I need them in
a individual file so that it is not combined with other logs.

Can you help me out

Regards,
Umesh