logwatch-devel@logwatch.org

[Logwatch-Devel] Openvpn unmatched entries Geert Janssens Wed Nov 21 00:08:06 2007

Hi,

I am using logwatch 7.3.4-1 on a Fedora Core 3 system. I have setup OpenVPN on
this system as well (openvpn 2.0.7)

Using this setup, I get the following unmatched entries:

 **Unmatched Entries**
    MULTI: bad source address from client [192.168.6.12], packet dropped: 2
Time(s)
    MULTI: bad source address from client [192.168.6.36], packet dropped: 3
Time(s)
    MULTI: new connection by client 'Ronny_Stroobants' will cause previous
active sessions by this client to be dropped.  Remember to use
the --duplicate-cn option if you want multiple clients using the same
certificate or username to concurrently connect.: 3 Time(s)
    SIGUSR1[soft,tls-error] received, client-instance restarting: 17 Time(s)
    TLS Error: TLS handshake failed: 17 Time(s)
    TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check
your network connectivity): 17 Time(s)

I am not sure if these message are relevant in the log or not. And
unfortunatly, I currently don't have the time to investigate this further.

But I decided to notify the list anyway, because maybe someone else has
suffictient experience with openvpn to know whether these messages are
relevant or can be ignored.

In the first case, I believe they should be properly parsed and reported (not
as Unmatched entries), in the latter, they can be filtered out.

Regards,

Geert
--
Kobalt W.I.T.