mac-opengl@lists.apple.com

Re: need help with strange texture object problem Ralph Gauges Fri Oct 15 03:00:07 2010

 Hi Chris,

I finally got back to my Mac and had time to follow up on your suggestion.
I attached the OpenGL profiler to my application and played with the program until I could reproduce the problem.
I had set the OpenGL Profiler to break

a) on errors
b) on thread conflicts
c) on VAR error
d) after each call to glTextImage2D

I can see that all the right calls to gltextImage2D are made (2 per render pass, one with the proxy target and one with the final image data), I can see that after the second call with the image data, the Profiler displays the correct texture image.

After maybe 20 times I got the error again where the Profiler displayed a different textue from what I saw on the screen, but the profiler never stopped because of an error, only after the glTextImage2D calls.

I also added some debug output to my application to print the OpenGL context pointer and I could see that the context never changes.

I know, this must be a very stupid mistake I am making, so again, would you know of any method that invalidates a texture object besides glDeleteTextures? There must be a reason that sometimes glIsTexture returns GL_FALSE, although the texture was created and bound before and no glDeleteTextures has been called in between.

I am probably looking for all the wrong things, but I really ran out of ideas what else to check.

Thank you very much again for your help

Ralph