magick-developers@imagemagick.org

Re: [magick-developers] Page size from PDF Oddbjørn Kvalsund Sun Apr 26 13:58:48 2009

On Wed 15 Apr 16:35, Darren Sheppard wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have around 7000 PDF documents all with different page sizes within
> the same document. Is there anyway that image magick could extract all
> the page sizes from the PDFs and pass this Data into a text file?

I am not sure how detailed you want this information or in what format
you need it, but if you simply need to extract the sizes of a set PDFs
into a parseable format, you could use the Imagemagick command line tool
`identify'. Example:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ identify -verbose test.pdf | egrep
"(Image:|Scene:|Resolution:|Page geometry:)"
Image: test.pdf
  Resolution: 72x72
  Page geometry: 612x792+0+0
  Scene: 0 of 2
Image: test.pdf
  Resolution: 72x72
  Page geometry: 612x792+0+0
  Scene: 1 of 2

Note that I only have an old version (6.0.6) of Imagemagick available here and
that the format of the output might have changed in later versions, but you get
the picture.

Hope this helps.

--
Regards,