mailman-users@python.org

Re: [Mailman-Users] Basic Question, I want only the admin to be able to send emails to the list Mark Sapiro Wed Dec 20 18:07:11 2006

Jed Herzog wrote:

>I have what I hope is a very basic question.  I am setting up a list
>using Mailman for the first time.  I want only the list admin to be
>able to send emails to the list.  I know I can set all the
>subscribers to be moderated but then the admin could be swamped with
>requests to send email that they will never want to send.  Can I set
>up mailman to deny subscribers the right to send email to the list?

If you set member_moderation_action to reject or discard, the moderator
won't see the posts. The normal way is to set Reject and set an
appropriate member_moderation_notice. These settings are on Privacy
options...->Sender filters. See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.011.htp>
for more about setting up this kind of list.

--
Mark Sapiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       The highway is for gamblers,