mailman-users@python.org

Re: [Mailman-Users] How to subscribe user without notify one Mark Sapiro Sat Jan 07 05:01:04 2012

On 12/20/2011 9:36 PM, Степанов Роман Владимирович wrote:

> We have automotive process to subscribe/unsubscribe when users visit
> a site and select a specific list and leave  their email than robot
> must send a command by email to mailman to subscribe or unsubs that
> user.
>
> How to do it by email command not from GUI or command line tool
> without notify user?

You can subscribe a user by email without the user's involvement if you
set the list's     Privacy options... -> Subscription rules ->
subscribe_policy to Require approval. Then subscription will require
moderator approval, but not user interaction.

You can't unsubscribe a user by email without user confirmation or the
user's list password.

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/uIA9> for alternatives to email.

--
Mark Sapiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        The highway is for gamblers,