mailman-users@python.org

Re: [Mailman-Users] can I use a mailman list address as a (qmail)sender address? Stephen J. Turnbull Tue Feb 07 09:11:13 2012

Larry Stone writes:

 > Why do you want to reply to email addressed to the list as the list rather
 > than as you. That is not the way lists are normally used (e.g. I am
 > replying to mail sent to this list as myself, not as the list).

Yup.  But he explained this.  The list is the public face of a
committee, and at least some outgoing mail should appear to be from
the committee.

Whether that's a good idea or not, well, mostly I'd say "not a great
idea".  But that's for him to decide.