marathon-testing@googlegroups.com

Re: [marathon-testing] JList selection Dakshinamurthy Karra Mon Jan 24 21:00:19 2011

Hello Dave,

I am not referring to any marathon calls. Just a simple method
select_x that checks the parameters and either calls select or ignore
the call totally. Then update the script to use select_x.

-- KD

On Tuesday, January 25, 2011, Dave Ward <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi KD,
> I have not idea why this isn't ringing a bell for me...can you explain
> what you mean by a function that checks for name and value?  (I am not
> stuck on understanding a function, or calling one and checking it's
> return).  I am stuck on what I could call with Marathon (similar to
> assert_p) to check the component for a value during playback.
>
> Normally, I would use assert_p('JList[AvailableViews]', '[Custom View]')
>
> What call would I make to "check" a component for a particular value?
> I checked the "help" in the script console, but nothing jumped out to
> me.
>
> Thanks!
> -Dave
>
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 11:07 PM, Dakshinamurthy Karra
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> The simplest is to wrap the select() in another function that checks for the
>> name and value.
>> The right approach may be to write a resolver for the particular list - but
>> IMO, it is a bit too much for what you are trying to do.
>> Thanks and Regards
>> KD
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 3:25 AM, Dave Ward <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> So, I have a JList component that may(or may not) have an item in its
>>> contents.  It is a dialog that allows the user to add/remove views to
>>> their default application.  (Think add/remove headings from a custom
>>> made view).  Anyway, before I want the test to test this "Custom
>>> View", I need to make sure the "Custom View" is "added" to the
>>> default.  I have Marathon open a dialog via a menu selction, then I
>>> want to do the following:
>>>
>>> select('JList[AvailableViews]', '[Custom View]')
>>> click('JButton[AddView]')
>>> click('JButton[Apply]')
>>>
>>> This works!  However, if the "Custom View" was already applied, it
>>> will not appear in the JList[AvailableViews] component.  That is
>>> completely ok, but the test "fails" because:
>>>
>>> "Could not find list cell component matching given property list:
>>> {Text: Custom View}"
>>>
>>> For my test I don't want this to be an error...the "Custom View" not
>>> existing in the JList is completely acceptable.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?  I attempted to wrap in a try: except: with no luck.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> -dave
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> --