mason-users@lists.sourceforge.net

Re: [Mason] configuration problem? Raymond Wan Tue Jul 28 19:00:47 2009

Chuck Crisler wrote:
> Putting the directories with the web server pages seems smart to me.
> However, Apache itself tried to create them there. Is that due to
> something I did?

Not to my knowledge.  Maybe someone who runs RedHat can answer your question (I
can't remember what the default for Debian was...I changed it quite quickly),
but it might be because every system is guaranteed to have an /etc directory?

In any case, I'm sure you know how to change it.  It's described here:

http://www.masonhq.com/docs/manual/Admin.html#general_server_configuration

You could also change it in your handler, which is what I've done.  This option
is probably mentioned somewhere...

Ray