mason-users@lists.sourceforge.net

Re: [Mason] caching problem (it seems) Bruce R Fri Oct 08 21:00:15 2010

I ran telnet and the home page only appeared after about a minute. The whole
site seems now to be hanging now, even with the files back in the directory.
Every page now takes about 30 seconds to load, at least.

Hey Bruce,

On Fri, Oct 08, 2010 at 09:01:46AM -0700, Bruce R wrote:
> . I ran strace -p on the pid, with this repeating result
>
> select(0, NULL, NULL, NULL, {1, 0})     = 0 (Timeout)
> waitpid(-1, 0xbf8c8694, WNOHANG|WSTOPPED) = 0
> select(0, NULL, NULL, NULL, {1, 0})     = 0 (Timeout)
> waitpid(-1, 0xbf8c8694, WNOHANG|WSTOPPED) = 0
> select(0, NULL, NULL, NULL, {1, 0}

That to me looks like Apache has nothing left to do. I find it weird
though that you eventually get the response?

> The home page continued to hang, until it finally appeared. When I called
> file in the directory with the dhandler, the hang is longer, then finally
> blank page. Running the command
> dmesg | tail -30 | grep killer
> produces nothing.

This now doesn't seem to be like it's a memory problem. Let's try ruling
out that the browser already has the response you're seeing but is
taking 2 minutes to actually load it (for some strange reason). Can you
do a telnet to the same URL:

        telnet <server_name> 80
        > GET <path_to_problem_url> HTTP/1.1
        > Host: <server_name>
        > <enter twice>

If this hangs for two minutes then gives you a response, it's still an
Apache/Mason issue. If you see lots of HTML spew by quickly, it's
certain to be a browser issue.