mediawiki-l@wikimedia.org

Re: [Mediawiki-l] Special:Boardvote on non-WMF sites Gary Kirk Thu Dec 28 06:03:20 2006

I have no idea how to be writing code to do anything, to be quite honest :(
The idea is to allow logged-in users to be able to vote for the person they
want to be chosen to fulfil a certain role. (Host of a charity version of
Deal or No Deal, if you must know :P)
It's just an idea I had, and thought of Boardvote.

On 12/28/06, Rob Church <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 28/12/06, Gary Kirk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > What do I have to do to the code to make it work on my wiki? Is this
> even
> > possible, or is it a purely WMF-only thing? Not really sure where to
> > start...any help appreciated!
>
> Why are you using that code instead of writing your own? What does the
> code do that you need? What does it not do that you need? What does it
> do that you don't need? Why did you choose to use a Wikimedia-written
> extension?
>
> A few questions to think about...
>

> Rob Church

Gary Kirk