moabusers@supercluster.org

Re: [Moabusers] Node priorities Alexander Oltu Tue Apr 19 03:00:14 2011

Hi Steve,

On another cluster with Maui we are doing something similar by using
different queues. I think the logic for MOAB will be the same:

1. We assign nodes to different queues at Torque level (via node
features).
2. We use something like this in maui.cfg:

QOSWEIGHT 1
###requeue low priority jobs
PREEMPTPOLICY  REQUEUE

SYSCFG QLIST=idle,private
QOSCFG[idle] PRIORITY=-1
QOSCFG[idle] QFLAGS=PREEMPTEE
QOSCFG[private] PRIORITY=1
QOSCFG[private] QFLAGS=PREEMPTOR,RESTARTPREEMPT
QOSCFG[private] FSTARGET=17.02

CLASSCFG[idle] QDEF=idle NODEFEATURE=idle
CLASSCFG[private] QDEF=private NODEFEATURE=private