mochikit@googlegroups.com

Re: [mochikit] Re: Iter: __iterable__ support? Fredrik Blomqvist Tue Nov 23 16:00:56 2010

Thanks, I was afraid there was some even more subtle issue involved.
I've now re-enable it in my fork of MochiKit, see:
https://github.com/blq/mochikit/commit/1352ea316184b83ccffc30d19d65faa0431ce43b
Unit tests pass but I'll let it "spin around" in my code for a while
before merging it into MochiKit master.
----
.. speaking of iterators, I've recently been toying with extensions to
the Iter module. Filling in gaps from itertools, adding some
tree-iterators etc. See if you find something you like here:
https://github.com/blq/mochikit/blob/master/MochiKit/Iter-ext.js

Regards
// Fredrik Blomqvist

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 01:35, Bob Ippolito <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If I remember correctly the problem is that __iterator__ was defined
> on Object.prototype (to iterate over keys), so everything had it, and
> it made the registry worthless. Maybe if we moved that code to after
> the registry, or maybe checked to see if iterator.__iterator__ !==
> Object.prototype.__iterator__ before the registry, and then just a
> regular check after.
>
> It looks like they moved that behavior to Iterator though, so maybe
> it's ok to bring back.
>
> On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 7:55 AM, Fredrik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> FYI, here the actual links to the changes:
>>
>> adding __iterator__:
>> https://github.com/mochi/mochikit/blob/b54de3b0429396cb86edd2c1ade0860831b65379/MochiKit/Iter.js
>> .. dropping __iterator_:
>> https://github.com/mochi/mochikit/blob/3022d8755cf932a9581f0ba19134472a368c6d64/MochiKit/Iter.js
>>
>> On Nov 21, 12:51 am, Fredrik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> In Iter.js I find this, regarding the support for the __iterator__
>>> pattern.
>>>
>>> //-------------------------------
>>> // XXX: We can't support JavaScript 1.7 __iterator__ directly
>>> //      because of Object.prototype.__iterator__
>>> //-------------------------------
>>>
>>> In Git/SVN the only message to the (reverted) change (2006-05-18) is
>>> "oops" :)
>>>
>>> The Google Closure library seems to sniff for it for example,
>>> see:http://closure-library.googlecode.com/svn/docs/closure_goog_iter_iter...
>>>
>>> Is this still applicable? Supporting __iterable__ would be very useful
>>> I'd say.
>>> .. Guess this more or less a question for Bob himself but if anyone
>>> has knowledge about this issue please enlighten!
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> // Fredrik Blomqvist
>>
>> --

// Fredrik Blomqvist