mod_python@modpython.org

Re: [mod_python] Request parameter yields 500 Internal Server Error? Graham Dumpleton Mon Sep 01 00:02:18 2008

2008/8/30 Johannes Bauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Graham Dumpleton schrieb:
>>
>> Yes. From memory has to be caled 'req', not 'request'.
>
> Thanks a lot, now it works.
>
> However I'm curios on why this is so - shouldn't the name of formal
> parameters of functions be tranparent and invisible to the caller?

Since a publisher function can take form arguments as well, if it
doesn't have a fixed name, how are you going to know which is the
argument for the request object and which are those for form
arguments.

Graham