mod_python@modpython.org

Re: [mod_python] Configuring pyc directory Graham Dumpleton Mon Sep 29 00:06:02 2008

2008/9/28 Robert Moore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Is there a way to configure mod python to read/write compiled pyc files for
> externally imported modules in a directory other than the directory
> containing the original py files?

No. That is a restriction of Python itself.

> I'm trying to secure an Apache server and
> don't want the process compiling the pyc files to have write access to the
> folder containing my libraries.

Using Apache/mod_python, it usually runs as special Apache user which
wouldn't have write permission to directories where your source code
is anyway, so not usually a problem.

Graham