modwsgi@googlegroups.com

Re: [modwsgi] Socket communication from PHP hints Jason Garber Sat Jul 02 20:00:09 2011

Before I went 100% python 3 and mod_wsgi, I wrote a number of apps with a
php front end and python back end.

In my case, after getting Advanced Programming in a Unix Environment, I
wrote a pretty fast, multi process, multi application app server in python
which accepted connections from php and made api calls to the proper python
app.

It also supported cross app api calls, so all apps used a common billing
module, for example.

The communication was done using Extruct, a library I wrote with
similarities to protocol buffers, but not compiled.

The code is yours if you want it.

However, I eventually grew to realize that 100% python was superior, and
went that way.  We have some big important apps written on AppStruct
framework and mod_wsgi and python 3.

So I can really say "been there done that" and if you have a compelling
reason to do it, I got the code.

JG

http://groups.google.com/group/modwsgi?hl=en.