mplayer-dev-eng@mplayerhq.hu

Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] loosen requirements on error resilence flags Alexander Strasser Tue Feb 07 15:01:31 2012

Hi Reinhard,

Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 7:32 AM, Reinhard Tartler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > $subj
> >
> > With this patch, I can enable the daily builds on
> > https://launchpad.net/~motumedia/+archive/mplayer-daily/+packages
> > again.
>
> ping? no objections on this?

  I am against this change as it silently ignores what the user specified
in -lavdopts and what is set as default error resilience.

  Assuming Libav behaviour matches by default MPlayers' default request
(er=2 -> AV_EF_COMPLIANT), then anythingy else then the default should
lead to abort or at least a displayed warning IMHO.

  This will be more complex to implement though. But given the above
the above default assumptions hold maybe some hack like defining all
but the default AV_EF define to all bits set might be acceptable to
detect it is Libav and the user specified a non-default value for
lavdopts er.

[...]

  Alexander